once i was dating a great guy. he was honestly great. super genuine, really sweet, and liked me a lot. i liked him too. one night he was just being so nice and was trying to tell me how special i was. so... he said,
"aubrey i have never met anyone like you. ever. i mean, think about it- what are there, like a billion people in this world? out of ALL of those people, there are probably only like (thinking...) a thousand girls like you"
(insert a couple seconds of silence)
"a thousand?"
he immediately realized his mistake
"NO! i was trying to say you're different.... ya know... bla bla"
"my parents always told me i was special. that i was ONE of a kind!"
"..." loss of words
i guess a thousand out of a billion isn't all that bad?
1.24.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Oh how I love you and your fun stories. And that you just updated your blog so that when I get up at 4am for another feeding, I have sometime new to read.
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAA That's really funny. He was meaning that with the best intentions, I'm sure of it. You're so cute.
ReplyDelete1,000 is a lot next to
ReplyDelete1,000,000,000 see?
oh veronica if i was in vegas i would come steal that little boy from you and let you sleep while i played with him.
ReplyDeletehe was trying to compliment me... i laughed and laughed. he recently married the love of his life so he recovered and im sure never made that mistake again!