2.10.2011

we are such a big deal.

tuesday was such a special day for me and my main squeeze. a year ago exactly Nate tricked me into going on a date with him. it's true, i didn't know it was a date. (but I would have said yes either way) so off we went, and ate sushi. it was grody. but he was charming and I was swooned.

so happy first date anni to us! I was in charge of the RS activity that night and baked three dozen giant fat heart shaped sugar cookies from scratch and then my beaters zonked out on me so I rushed them over to boyfriend's and we frosted hot pink cookies and reminisced on our year of happy times to celebrate. (we really just focused on the task ahead of us and tried to be quick and efficient and then got distracted and he smeared frosting on my mouth and licked it off. [we are so gross] and the whole time he gave me moral support while I vented about not having a table cloth and flowers and better decorations and everything else all the perfect leaders have for the activity) its times like that I feel bad about being a girl with hormones and he really pulls through being a good bf. (he may also have been motivated by the thought of getting the left overs after) (secret spill: even when there aren't sugary left overs at stake, he's still that sweet)

but dont think thats all we did to celebrate! nope. no way.  last night he picked me up from work in his car and I felt like a QUEEN. I surprised him when I walked out with hair like Claire. (she's the cutest doll on this planet earth) and then he surprised me and drove me outside the city and just over the bridge for dinner. we held hands across the table and had lots of PDA (not really because that's gross) (and because he was scared of my white girl afro) but it was so yum and fun and we even went to the movies after and pretzeled up in the chair really cozy. (for reals) 


and thought we'd better have a photo shoot so we could remember it forever...
k-i-s-s-i-n-g
Nate's sleepy face. and mine too i guess.
right now he is saying "that's enough aubs. i have to work now."
and then he left and i though "oh well"
and then he came back because he got a little jeal i was still taking pics without him. 

aren't we darling?
the end. 

6 comments:

  1. I love the white girl fro. HOT! My mother put sponge curlers in my hair to make it curl like that when I was little! You guys are so cute together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, darling. I love you two! Sounds like you have a blast together! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 year anniversaries are the best!!! You know, Kent and I had ours and 3 months later we were engaged ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Why do you always have to be so cute?! And you inspired me; I'm finally going to get buy the curling iron I have been putting off getter for months. I need to do something different with my hairs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa cass. that's all i have to say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's taking everything i have to not make fun of you for keeping track of when your first date was ;) you're adorable (both of you) and i miss you tons. xoxo baby sis

    ReplyDelete

tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones