4.21.2010

ambivalent

she slipped her pretty dress over her shoulders and stomped her feet into her peep toe heels with a bow on the front before pressing her lips against the tissue to dab a little of the pigment off. it just looked better that way. he picked her up right on time and smelled real nice when she wrapped her arm around his and he leaned in front of her to open the car door. they drove together up the winding road to dinner and dessert on park city's main street. a real good conversation and a few awfully hilarious giggles later led to a quick drive up into the mountains. it was a mansion of course and it was empty and quiet, except for the bubbling hot tub in the back. a few patches of snow were piled around the tree trunks and when she tilted her head up the endless black sky was smeared with twinkling stars. it burned a little when she stepped in but by the time it reached her elbows the warmth just felt nice. he thought it was real funny when he dunked her head under and they laughed at the story he told her about all those years ago. they would've sat there all night and chatted if her feet didn't start hurting from morphing into raisins. it was oh so cold stepping out but she rinsed off and changed into an oversized sweater and braided her hair around her head. he had a movie planned but the theatre was quite complicated. she didn't mind. she was always more drawn to simplicity and sitting in front of the fire wrapped in a huge furry blanket was better anyways. especially since she had forgotten to refresh the rest of that pigment she'd accidentally dabbed off at dinner...


and what if i told you this wasn't pulled from any imagination and he plays the guitar? you wouldn't believe me? would you?

5 comments:

  1. What if I told you that maybe you have two career callings in life....1 being an amazing artistic colorist...2 being a writer for some awesome magazine or creating your own life biography, and publishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what if i told you i think about you moving to boston and our so to be weekend get togethers every single day? believe it. CAN. NOT. WAIT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aubrey... I love your writing. I truly do... I wish I had more of you in my life, as for now I will suffice with reading your blog every once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aubrey I LOOOOVE reading everything you write!! Russanne is 100% right! You are an amazing writer..you're amazing at EVERYTHING you do!! Im so happy and proud of you for living your dream! When I have money I want to come play with you in NY! Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. please please do! you are all so so sweet! miss you! xx

    ReplyDelete

tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones